06 October 2011

Happy Birthday 100th Birthday Grandma Senecal!


Today, 6 October 2011, would have been my maternal grandmother's 100th birthday. Eulalia Mary (Duprey) Senecal was born in Swastiaka/Black Brook, Clinton County, New York. the youngest of 6 children born to Eugene Duprey and Melinda (Sharrow) Duprey. She died on August 1, 1979 in Plattsburgh, Clinton County, New York.

I didn't know Grandma Senecal that well as we lived in Charleston, South Carolina and she was in Plattsburgh, New York. Before the Internet Age, the ways to communicate with loved ones not living near included the weekly Sunday phone call and letters. Of course the birthday and Christmas cards ALWAYS had money :)


Family lore has it that she was born "Lily Marie" but when her birth was registered it became "Eulalia Mary". In some correspondence I recently found of her sister, Mamie (Duprey) Willis, my grandmother was referred to as "Lily" or "Lola".

I know this family liked to celebrate any and all occasions, so in that vain I say "Happy Birthday Grandma" and don't worry this granddaughter will lift one for you today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment