01 September 2011

Better Late Than Never - Reflections of NGS 2011

As many folks I follow on social media are getting ready for the FGS Conference in Springfield, IL, I am FINALLY getting to my NGS Conference materials and pictures. I had good intentions of posting everyday while I was at the NGS Conference in Charleston, SC, my hometown. Well, we all know where good intentions can let us :)

For me the Conference was a chance to go home and spend time with my family and friends as well as get to hear some great genealogy speakers. I wish there had been more hours in the day so I could have participated in some of the activities offered. I attended sessions, had lunches with my best friend who had just lost her mother and dinner with family and friends. It was a great time! (And I got to celebrate my nephew's 1st birthday!!)

My only problem was that I was unable to capitalize on the momentum from the Conference and really attack my genealogy. WORK and LIFE got in the way. Now both are settling down and I hope to be able to focus on getting a clearer picture of what I REALLY need to be doing.

Here are some photos I was able to take while at the Conference:

Sweet Grass Basket Weavers:

Plantation Singers (http://www.plantationsingers.com)





No comments:

Post a Comment