Well, 2012 is here....whether we are ready for it or not!!
I really didn't have too many goals for 2011. I had hoped to blog at least twice a month. Didn't happen. Life, work and "things" kept getting in the way. While I wish I could control these items, I know I can't but can come up with several alternatives to Plans A and B.
Lesson Learned: PLAN PLAN PLAN
I was able to go to the NGS Conference in my hometown of Charleston, SC in May. That was great!! I wasn't really able to take advantage of all the social aspects of a conference BUT I was able to see my best friends and attend my nephew's 1st birthday party.
Lesson Learned: Enjoy the family that is here today. And "family" doesn't always mean blood!!
Now for 2012 or as I like to call it, the Year of KISS. Not the rock group but that wonderful acronym "Keep It Short & Simple/Sweet" !!
- BLOG: Try to blog at least 2-3 times a month.
- BLOG: Fine tune it the way I want.
- ORGANIZATION: I have been in the "gathering" mood for years now. Time to take stock of what I have and I still need to get. THIS WILL BE MY MAJOR FOCUS THIS YEAR!!
- SCANNING: I really want to step up on this goal in this KISS year.
- SOCIETIES: I belong to 2 local societies and 1 mail away society as well as NGS. I plan to attend as many of the remaining meetings as possible. Even though the local meetings are local focused topics for the most part, I am enjoying the fellowship of fellow genealogy
addictslovers and picking up a tip or two on my research areas.
- CEMETERY PHOTOS: I have taken quite a few local photos over the past year. I need to continue posting to Find-A-Grave as well as few other sites I have just discovered. None of my family is from this area so hopefully someone will be able to benefit from the postings.
And that's all I will commit to (in writing) for this year (unless I win the lottery then I'll start taking trips and DNA tests and....now to start playing!).
Happy Genealogy New Year Ya'll!!!