20 March 2012

Happy Birthday Grandpa Coughlin!!

Today would have been my paternal grandfather David Francis Coughlin's 103rd birthday.  He was the second  son of Daniel Joseph Coughlin and Bridget Agnes Williams born 20 March 1909 in Lake Placid, Essex County, New York.  He died on 6 June 1984 at Lake Placid, Essex County, New York.

My grandparents would come to Charleston, South Carolina for the winters when I was younger.  The excuse was, of course, to see us granddaughters BUT really it was for golf!! My grandfather loved to golf.  He suffered a heart attack getting in a round of golf in before our family made a rare visit to New York.

I don't have many pictures of my grandfather but one of my favorites is a photo taken in the 1970's in North Charleston, Charleston County, South Carolina.



I took up golf for a while but I don't have the patience for it.  But I like to think, for a brief moment, I was connected to my grandfather.

Happy Birthday Grandpa!! Hope you are below par on this round!!

No comments:

Post a Comment