19 March 2013

Katherine Coughlin Update and MORE!

I cannot state my love for Northern New York Historical Newspapers enough.  I decided to check to see if there was any mention of my paternal great grand aunt (or 2nd great aunt if you prefer), Katherine "Katie" Coughlin's death in 1913.  I searched and found one line about her funeral.  But I had to laugh as there were also mentions for the my maternal grand aunt (Mamie Duprey Willis) and her husband (Thomas Willis)  and the second wife of my maternal great grand uncle (Mary Sawyer Duprey).



AUSABLE FORKS

--Mrs. V. K. Moore and Mrs. Flora Hinds visited in Plattsburgh Wednesday.
--L. J. Farland spend a few days in Montreal, P.Q., the guest of his sister Mrs. Chas. Fortier, recently.
--The funeral of Miss Catherine Coughlin was held from the Holy Name church on Wednesday.
--Miss Florence Leclair has return from Montreal, P.Q.
--The many friend of Mrs. Elmer Duprey were grieved to hear of her death Sunday morning.  She leaves a husband and six children beside a host of friends to mourn her loss.  Funeral services were held from St. Mathews church, Black Brook, Tuesday morning, Father Blaigner officiating.
--Miss Mamie Duprey, who has been employed as reporter for the Adirondack Record Company, Inc., has resigned and will leave shortly for Rutland, Vt. The vacancy is {filled} by Miss Catherine Harrigan.
--Jeddie Rock and Thomas Willis left Monday for Rumford, Me., where they will be employed.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

I love small town newspapers!! In this section alone I have information on my paternal AND maternal lines!!

And to connect the dots, Mamie Duprey Willis is the daughter of Eugene Duprey whose brother is Elmer Duprey (both sons of Charles Duprey but that's for another post!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment