07 January 2014

52 Ancestors: #1 Sharyn Senecal Coughlin

For my first entry in Amy Johnson Crow's of No Story Too Small "52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge", I have chosen my mother, Sharyn Ann Senecal Coughlin (1945-1992).

The beginning of January always reminds me of my mother as her birthday is January 4 and her death was on January 3, a day before her 47th birthday.  Always a roller coaster of emotions for me but I am proud to call her "Mom".

Mom was the only child of Ernest John Senecal and Eulalia Mary Duprey.  As is always the case for me lately, I recently found her birth certificate while looking for something else.  I also found her death certificate and noticed we misspelled Grandma's name!!

One of my favorite memories of my Mom and her crafts. She was always knitting, crocheting and just making stuff! On this bitterly cold day, I am wearing a scarf my Mom made for me in high school. Let's just say this scarf is older than a few folks in our suite!!



3 comments:

  1. I'm sure the beginning of the year is always an emotional time for you. How great that you still have that scarf :-)

    And I'm like you in that I usually find things when I'm NOT looking for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana! Yes and in the same envelope I found my Dad's birth certificate. Now if I could just find MINE :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the #52 challenge. Thanks for sharing your "warm" memory!

    ReplyDelete